Since the early 1900's Lutheran services have been held in the Mantua area of Portage County, Ohio. Ministers came out from Cleveland on an irregular basis to hold services. The Mantua area was included in a call to Chagrin Falls accepted by Pastor Gerhard Kretzmann. After a summer canvas by a vicar from Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, preaching services were begun on October 12, 1952 by Pastor Kretzmann. Sixty-seven people were present at the first service held at the rented Bethel Assembly of God building on the corner of High and Prospect Streets. On June 28, 1953, Rev. Vernon T. Trahms began his ministry at Mantua. The congregation was formally organized on November 15, 1953. The Ohio District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod purchased the Franklin property on Main Street and on December 24, 1953 the first service was held at this location. Pastor Trahms served the congregation until 1956. Rev. Rolland Bentrup served the congregation from 1956 to 1960. The present church building was erected in 1958 and dedicated on June 29th of that year. Rev. Victor E. Kreutz served the congregation from 1960 to 1965. Rev. Calvin T. Vick served the congregation from 1966 to 1969. Rev. Douglas E. Riley served the congregation from 1969 to 2004. Pastor Ronald E. Duer served from 2004 to January 8, 2012. Pastor Powell Woods served the congregation from January 2012 until February 2013, when he was needed elsewhere. Pastor John Urvan and Pastor Steffan Huppert filled in temporarily until Pastor David Zachrich was installed as our Minister on September 1, 2014.